CPA firm seeks a Senior Auditor for our New York City location. We seek a self-motivated audit professional with a genuine desire to embrace this challenging career opportunity to work in a team oriented environment while taking on a variety of assignments. Qualified individuals will have the opportunity to join our employee friendly corporate culture, which also offers excellent career growth and mobility.
This individual will be responsible for the following functions:
- Provide support to all phases of audits including planning, control analysis, testing, issue development and reporting.
- Perform financial and operational audits in a professional manner.
- Prepares audit work papers in the audit program documenting and supporting audit procedures and techniques conducted.
- Performs transaction and compliance testing to evaluate the existence, efficiency and effectiveness of internal control procedures
- Maintain an updated knowledge of rules, regulations and standards
- A minimum of 3 years public accounting audit experience
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in Accounting, A CPA is a plus.
- A thorough understanding of GAAP and Statutory Accounting Principles
- Possess outstanding project management and analytical skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written,
- Advanced experience in basic technology skills PC usage, Word, Excel, Prosystem fx Engagement
This position is based in New York City; however, audit fieldwork will require some travel. Excellent benefit package. Please include salary history and desired salary with resume.