CPA firm seeks an Auditor. We seek a self-motivated audit professional with a genuine desire to embrace this challenging career opportunity to work in a team oriented environment while taking on a leadership role in a variety of assignments. Qualified individual will have the opportunity to join our employee friendly corporate culture, which also offers excellent career growth and mobility. A critical function of this position will be the management of a team that will provide audit coverage.
This individual will be responsible for the following functions:
Providing leadership and direction relative to all phases of audits including planning, control analysis, testing, issue development and reporting.
- Developing integrated test plans for use in covering key areas of risk
- Leading multiple audits while actively participating in other critical business initiatives throughout the year
- Effectively and confidently developing audit issues with management and providing value-added recommendations to strengthen business practices and controls.
- Collaborating with management to develop long-term and short-term audit plans and coordinating projects to ensure effective audit practices
- Participating in the audit scheduling process for the audit group to effectively deploy resources throughout the year
- Remaining current with industry trends and emerging risks while adapting annual and project based audit coverage as appropriate
- A minimum of 10 years public accounting audit experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Accounting and/or Finance is required; an MBA is a plus, A CPA is a plus.
- Extensive experience with financial institutions, broker dealers, pensions, and banks as well as risk assessment, control analysis, audit procedures and standards, sampling techniques, risk components and the internal framework of control
- A thorough understanding of GAAP and Statutory Accounting Principles
- Possess outstanding project management and analytical skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to partner effectively with multiple business groups
- Advanced experience in basic technology skills PC usage, Word, Excel, Prosystem fx Engagement
This position is based in New York City; however, audit fieldwork will require some travel. Excellent benefit package.
Please email your resume along with your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.