CPA firm seeks a Full Charge Bookkeeper for our Woodbury, NY and New York City locations. We seek a self-motivated professional with a genuine desire to embrace this challenging career opportunity to work in a team oriented environment while taking on a variety of assignments. Qualified individuals will have the opportunity to join our employee friendly corporate culture, which also offers excellent career growth and mobility.
This individual will be responsible for computing, classifying and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records are accurate. The bookkeeper also performs routine financial calculations and general ledger duties.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain records according to generally accepted accounting principles including the recording of general journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, and reconciliation of bank statements.
- Communicate (both in verbal and written form) with clients
- Keeps track of client assets.
- Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Receives, reviews and posts broker statements.
- Assists accountants on tax return preparation.
- Generates 1099’s and W-2’s for clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time by accountants or partners.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree with a focus in Accounting,
- Minimum two years accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and financial reports.
- Payroll skills and use of common bookkeeping software is required; previous experience in accounting and Quickbooks or related programs.
- General knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written,
- Basic technology skills PC usage, Word, Excel, Engagement
Excellent benefit package. Please include salary history and desired salary with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org