CPA firm seeks an Auditor - Staff for our Woodbury, NY location. We seek a self-motivated professional with a genuine desire to embrace this challenging career opportunity to work in a friendly, team oriented environment while taking on a variety of assignments. We are proud to offer a competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401k, flex spending, vacation, and paid holidays.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs detailed audit procedures on financial statement account balances, prepares and adjusts workpapers
- Identifies potential management letter comments
- Recognizes potential problems areas in specific engagements and discusses them with the engagement supervisor and/or manager
- Assist with financial statement preparation and review
- Submit audit workpapers and other documentation to supervisors for review and complete assigned follow-up tasks and corrections as instructed
- Apply effective and efficient time management skills to complete audits and projects on time.
- Performs other accounting, auditing and consulting duties as needed in engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum three (3) years of auditing experience
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written,
- Basic technology skills PC usage, Word, Excel, Engagement
Excellent benefit package. Please include salary history and desired salary with resume to email@example.com.